Here at A O Dowd Plumbing Inc. we always strive to give you the absolute best service possible. We are always available to you, but when you need answers quickly and don’t have time to make a call, we will try to provide you with basic information for questions that you may be having right now. Below, are a list of common questions that we get all the time. Whether you want an answer to a question right that minute or you are waiting for a service from us and want a little more info, we try to make it easy for you. Here are a list of FAQs that we hear in Fontana, CA.
Common Plumbing Questions
1. My drains are clogging. Why does that happen? Drains tend to become clogged every so often and if it is happening regularly it is probably because something is stuck inside and hasn’t been fully cleaned out. This often happens with shower drains. Hair gets stuck inside and when you clean it out, you may not get it all out and it will just build back up over time. Treating with some kind of drain cleaner can help or a professional will be able to clean the drain out.
2. When I have a leaky faucet, should I call a plumber? You don’t always need to call a plumber, sometimes it can be fixed at home, but for assurance, a plumber can be called and fix the problem right away. It is important not to wait for a leak though because it can end up raising your water bill.
3. My faucet keeps dripping, why does that happen? Sometimes when a faucet is leaking, it is because of something going wrong from within the component. It will probably need to be repaired or replaced. This is usually an inexpensive fix and will save you money in the long run.
4. Is it bad that my toilet keeps running? Yes, this is wasting your water and actually raising your water bill by hundreds of dollars a year.
5. Can I put any kind of food down my garbage disposal? This is a common misconception. Your garbage disposal is not a catch-all for any of your food, there are certain foods like high-fiber foods, that should never be put down your disposal. However, many biodegradable foods can go into the disposal without issue.
Hopefully, these answer a few of your common questions, but if you ever have any questions about your home’s plumbing, we are more than happy to answer them at any time. Call A O Dowd Plumbing Inc. at (909) 684-1915 and lets us answer your questions in Fontana, CA. We are always here for you.